THEME: Improving attitude and adherence to Islamic ethics in Healthcare delivery: Panacea for improving quality care in Nigeria.
SUBTHEMES: 1. The potentials of Islamic financing (resource pooling and waqf) for healthcare financing 2. Surviving COVID-19 pandemic; Is the vaccination the only way forward? 3. Confronting the challenges of Health workers’ brain drain and medical tourism in Nigeria: The roles of Muslim Health workers.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Presentation Formats Abstracts can be submitted for either an Oral (power point) or Poster presentation. Authors should indicate their preference for an oral or poster presentation during the submission process.
3. Abbreviations a. Use standard abbreviations. b. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the first time the full word appears. c. Use numerals to indicate numbers, except when beginning sentences.
4. Abstract Character Limit a. Abstract Title word count limit: 20 b. Abstract Body word count limit: 250 c. Abstracts exceeding the character limit will be considered “incomplete”. d. Abstracts marked “incomplete” at the close of the submission deadline will be ineligible for consideration.
5. Abstract Title a. Take special care when entering your title as it may be published exactly as submitted. b. Titles should be brief, clearly indicating the nature of the presentation.
6. Authorship Criteria a. Substantial contributions to study conception and design. b. Substantial contributions to acquisition of data. c. Substantial contributions to analysis and interpretation of data. d. Drafting the article or revising it critically for important intellectual content. e. Final approval of the version of the article to be published. f. Other critical study activities (specify). g. There is no limit on the number of authors that may be included in the author block (refer to 2c above).
8. Disclosure Policy The scientific sub-committee will ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all its educational activities. To this end, the organsing committee requires that individuals (presenters/speakers, moderators, reviewers, authors and planners and their spouse/partners) disclose to the scientific sub-committee any conflict of interest.
10. Presentation Formats a. Abstracts are considered for either oral presentation or poster presentation. b. As English is the designated language for the meeting, the presenting author is required to speak English when presenting.
Review Process a. Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and evaluated in terms of their appropriateness and their overall quality. b. Abstracts will be assessed on their acceptability and eligibility as oral or poster presentation in a constructive and educational way. c. All enquiries regarding abstracts should be directed to Anas. Ismail, Chair, Scientific Subcommittee at: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and via whassapp at 08039275786. Closing Date is 14th August 2021.
1. Guidelines a. Abstracts must be original and have not been previously accepted/published in a peer-reviewed journal or presented previous conference(s). b. Submissions should be relevant to the theme or one of the sub-themes. c. High quality abstracts that are not covered by the theme or one of the sub-themes might be considered on its own merit as part of ‘free communications’. d. All abstracts must be submitted online via the conference website. e. All submissions shall indicate the lead author and presenter. f. Notification of successful submission of abstract will be sent by email. g. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and an Acceptance Notification will be sent to the presenting author by email later than 29th July 2021 which will confirm the mode of presentation. h. All abstracts and paper submitted become the property of IMAN unless otherwise stated. The authors need to agree for the organizing committee of IMAN National scientific conference has permission to publish this abstract as part of the conference proceedings in IMAN Medical Journal (IMJ)
2. Abstract Format Abstracts will be reproduced in the abstract supplement in IMAN Conference Book of Abstract and IMAN Medical Journal exactly in the form they are submitted. Authors are therefore kindly requested to adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so may result in the abstract not being accepted. a. Language: All submissions and presentations should be English. b. Title: This should be brief as possible and typed in sentence case (all letter in lowercase except the first letter of the first word of the title) e.g. Clinical outcomes for abdominal hysterectomy in a hospital setting (no full stop/ period after the title). c. Authors: The presenting author should be listed first and up to five more authors can be included for case and technical reports only. There is no limit for the number of authors for full length research papers. d. The affiliation details of all authors (department, institution/hospital, city/town, state (if relevant) and country should be included with the submission.
7. Content a. Do not use new technical words, laboratory slang, words not defined in dictionaries, or abbreviations or terminology not consistent with internationally accepted guidelines. b. Define any abbreviations the first time they are used. c. Refer to the unified list of acronyms for recommendations on acceptable terms for scientific communication. d. Organize content as follows: I. Background: Background. II. Objectives: Statement of Purpose. III. Methods: Methods, materials and analytical procedure used. IV. Results: Summary of the results in sufficient detail to support conclusion. V. Conclusion: Conclusions reached
9. Multiple Submissions of Same Study a. The same study should not be submitted as multiple abstracts. b. Therefore, if the abstracts in question are not different enough to be considered separate studies (specifically, if they address the same research question or present the same results), they may all be rejected.